We at Special Interest Group on Big Data Analytics of Computer Society of India (hereinafter mentioned as “SIGBDA”) are committed to protect our customers’ personal information and/or sensitive personal data and strive to maintain the privacy of your personal information.
For your information, “Personal information” is any information that can be used by itself to uniquely identify, contact, or locate a person, or can be used with information available from other sources to uniquely identify an individual. For the purpose of this policy, sensitive personal data or information has been considered as a part of personal information.
SIG does collect your personal information for a variety of regulatory and business purposes. These include, but are not limited to:
- Verify your identity
- Complete transactions effectively and bill for products and services
- Respond to your request for service or assistance
- Perform market analysis, market research, business and operational analysis
- Provide, maintain and improve our services
- Anticipate and resolve issues and concerns with our services
- Promote and market our services which we consider may be of interest to you and may benefit you
- Ensure adherence to legal and regulatory requirements for prevention and detection of frauds and crimes.
- Kinds of personal information that may be collected by us
- Measures taken by us to ensure its privacy and security
- Duration for which when it may be retained by us; and
- How you may access and control its use
Collection of Personal Information
SIGBDA, its associates, subsidiaries and authorized third parties, if any, will collect information pertaining to your identity, demographics, and related evidentiary documentation. For the purposes of this document, a ‘Third Party’ is a service provider who associates with Centum and is involved in handling, managing, storing, processing, protecting and transmitting information of Centum. This definition also includes all sub- contractors, consultants and/or representatives of the Third party.
We may also collect your personal information when you use our services or websites or otherwise interact with us during the course of our relationship. Personal information collected and held by us may include your name, father’s name, mother’s name, spouse’s name, date of birth, Educational qualifications and address, mobile phone number, email address, occupation and information contained in the documents used as proof of identity and proof of address. This information may be used to provide you with a better service experience along with evidentiary purposes. At any time while you are surfing our site, if you do not wish to share surfing information, you may opt out of receiving the cookies from our site by making appropriate changes to your browser privacy settings.
Disclosure and Transfer of personal information
- Internal Use: As explained in the section “Collection of Personal Information” SIGBDA and its employees may utilize some or all available personal information for internal assessments, measures, operations and related activities.
- Authorized Third Parties: SIGBDA may at its discretion employ, contract or include third parties (as defined in section 1: Collection of personal information) external to itself for strategic, tactical and operational purposes. Such agencies though external to SIGBDA, will always be entities which are covered by contractual agreements. These agreements in turn include SIGBDA’s guidelines to the management, treatment and secrecy of personal information.
- We may obtain your consent for sharing your personal information in several ways, such as in writing, online, through “click-through” agreements; orally, including through interactive voice response; or when your consent is part of the terms and conditions pursuant to which we provide you service. We, however assure you that Centum does not disclose your personal information to unaffiliated third parties (parties outside centum corporate network and its Strategic and Business Partners) which could lead to invasion of your privacy.
- Government Agencies: We may also share your personal information with Government agencies or other authorized law enforcement agencies (LEAs) mandated under law to obtain such information for the purpose of verification of identity or for prevention, detection, investigation including but not limited to cyber incidents, prosecution, and punishment of offences.
Security Practices and Procedures
- We adopt reasonable security practices and procedures to include, technical, operational, managerial and physical security controls in order to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, or disclosure while it is under our control.
- Our security practices and procedures limit access to personal information on need-only basis. Further, our employees are bound by Code of Conduct and Confidentiality Policies which obligate them to protect the confidentiality of personal information.
- We take adequate steps to ensure that our third parties adopt reasonable level of security practices and procedures to ensure security of personal information.
- We may retain your personal information for as long as required to provide you with services or if otherwise required under any law.
- When we dispose of your personal information, we use reasonable procedures to erase it or render it unreadable (for example, shredding documents and wiping electronic media).
- Internet Use – We maintain the security of our internet connections, however for reasons outside of our control, security risks may still arise. Any personal information transmitted to us or from our online products or services will therefore be your own risk. However, we will strive to ensure the security of your information. We observe reasonable security measures to protect your personal information against hacking and virus dissemination.
Feedback and Concerns
We are committed to safeguard your personal information collected and handled by us and look forward to your continued support for the same. In case of any feedback or concern regarding protection of your personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com
We will strive to address your feedback and concerns in a timely and effective manner.